Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scenes From The Roadside

 621 km later and I am in Miles City Montana. The temperature rose more quickly today as I left Butte and the mountains behind. Someone told me it reached 100F today, but it didn't seem that hot. Right now there is a beautiful breeze blowing in the campground. As I walked around the city of Miles the breeze seemed to be trying to blow away the ugly clouds that were forming overhead. Let's hope so. Now, if it would just blow the bugs off my computer screen all would be perfect.

When I left home I had everything packed and organized so neatly - cool clothes, warm clothes, underwear, socks, t-shirts. Everything had it's own special place. I've since refined my packing system. They are simply dirty or clean. The campground has a laundry - tonight the clean bag is full, the dirty empty, just in the nick of time.

Miles is an interesting little city, proud of its heritage and history and many of the homes and buildings are marked with historical plaques. I was glad to see it had its share of gas stations as the tank that I thought would get close to 300km today ran dry at 220 and I rode into town on reserve and yet another prayer. From now on I'll fill up at 150.

The Mountains As Seen In The Rearview Mirror

Enough to make
me stay on the
path!
I knew I had a longer ride today but was determined to stop and take some photos along the way. I'm finding now that my right foot doesn't seem to have enough space after awhile and I need to give it a break anyway.  Guess what - tonight's campsite has a train track near by (and I think, a resident skunk).

Big Horn River


Montana Farmers Use The Dragons Too
Stopped to capture one in action.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy!
    I'm still enjoying following you on your travels. You've got some great photos! I think at the rate you move, you'll be home soon.
    Can't wait to see you when you get back!
    LOL Leslie

    ReplyDelete