Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weather Deep Freeze and Passion


A beautiful day for a walk with my 'frosty' companion.

Saturday was a picture perfect Canadian winter day with temperatures hovering just around minus 10, crisp, but in the sun, absolutely beautiful – an amazing day for a walk. Not so today! I’m trapped in a deep freeze with temperatures downward of minus 25. Today only the most hardy will venture out and I’m not one of them.


Out back, Saturday, January 22, 2011
A cold day in winter, like a rainy day in summer is Mother Nature’s way of giving us a legitimate excuse to stay inside to catch up on other things … like blogging. So today I wanted to catch up on a dozen blog post ideas but I’ve decided to narrow it down to just one – PASSION!

In an attempt to get up to speed, being a relative ‘newbie’ to the whole blogger/twitter scene, I try to spend a little time reading other blogs and Twitter bios. What I’ve come to notice is there‘s a whole lot of passion going on out there. Everybody seems to be passionate about something. In less than 10 minutes I found people who were passionate about: going fast, life, blogging, social networking, media, people, communicating, increasing the energy derived from wind power, travelling, travelling and taking photos, motorcycles …Don’t get me wrong, passion is great, it’s just that I almost broke out in a sweat from reading.

So what am I passionate about? I guess… I really don’t know. I’m beginning to think that the word is getting just a bit overused on the www. What would I use the word ‘passion’ to describe that wasn’t, you know, amorous?

Passionate, according to Webster is any emotion or feeling…of a powerful or compelling nature, a strong or extravagant fondness or desire…intense or vehement emotion…

Well, today I am feeling the intensely vehement part dealing with my new Midland BT2 Bluetooth Intercom wireless multimedia system (that’s a mouthful). So far my emotions this afternoon have included love, desire, enthusiasm, anger, grief and hope, hope that I can actually conquer the darn thing. I’m not asking much, I just want to use it to communicate with my best bud, ‘Garmin Dan’ when I’m riding my VStar. I am passionate about not having my head wired to the motorcycle for another season.

Admittedly, the first bit of my passion directed at this inanimate object was my own fault. I finally gave in, read the ‘how to’ manual and now have managed to get it set up and conversing congenially with dear old Dan. However, I’m still left with the problem of attaching the blue tooth unit to the outside of my full face, modular helmet. The helmet is an HJC SY MaxII with single button chin bar/face shield release. The helmet, where the blue tooth unit could fit is curved, the surface of the blue tooth unit is flat. Other than purchasing a new helmet has anyone out there ever attempted a feat of this nature??? Please, before I become passionately violent does anyone have a suggestion? Have you connected a blue tooth unit to a HJC SYMaxII helmet?

Passionate: ardent, impassioned, excited, fervent, fervid, burning, animated, impetuous, extravagantly fond of, desirous of, or in my words- ‘just really like doing’…just in case you need a synonym .


No comments:

Post a Comment