Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


So…did I fall asleep and wake up somewhere in Texas?

When you live in Canada the words Christmas lights and motorcycle ride rarely come together in the same sentence yet there I stood, in front of my house, battling the tangle of chewed up twinkle lights listening to motorcycle after motorcycle passing by. Of course I was a bit preoccupied wondering how it is that my Golden Retriever has managed to live to the ripe old age of twelve without being electrocuted after chewing up at least two strings of twinkle lights each year for the past 10 years of her life.

There are only 28 days until Christmas and today it was a cloudy yet balmy 12 degrees C. Sure we had a freak snow storm that lasted for about a nano second on Wednesday making me wish I’d gotten ‘snows’ installed (according to the weather network there wasn’t any place in Canada that didn’t have snow this past week). But it went as fast as it came and the diehard bikers, who haven’t put their rides into storage, will be bragging for decades about 2011 and how they were still riding at the end of November and maybe even into December. Of course, I won’t be one of them since I packed it in way back in October. On the plus side though, I managed to once again leave the holiday illumination to the last moment and I wasn’t outside in the freezing cold and blowing snow, cursing the fact that I hadn’t gotten around to this job before Halloween. And when the rain began, I was rather glad I wasn’t out there riding ‘cause it looked like a much better day to take a nap.


3 comments:

  1. I too am wishing for a white Christmas, but won't be too upset if the snow doesn't arrive until Dec 22 or thereabouts. Meantime I'll enjoy being able to put up the lights without freezing (which I did Sunday as well), and hoping for that one last ride before the snow and ice settles in for the next 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am envious – what more can I say but, let it snow and be done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bitter day when you park your machine for the winter. Tuck into a new hobby, and hope to live through February (my least favorite month.)

    Enjoy the holidays, and know that you rode longer than I was able to this year!

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com

    ReplyDelete