Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Saturday, February 1, 2014

Again, Yet, Still ... Seems Like Forever!

In the northern most parts of Canada the indigenous peoples have many words to describe snow. I'm beginning to understand why now as I create my own list of superlatives to drescribe the white stuff as I look outside and it's snowing again, yet, still ... seems like it's been snowing forever.

With nothing else to do on a snowy day I've succumbed to overwhelming peer pressure and with thanks to Bobskoot and Riding The Wet Coast, I've added the infamous rainy day photo to my blog header.

8 comments:

  1. The only thing about winter is that it stays too long. I know we don't get the snow and deep cold you do, but the darkness and rain here is unrelenting, we have had a lot of fog here all winter and it is gloomy, because you don't know where the sky ends and then round begins. Gloomy! They are forecasting colder temps for the next week and even rumouring snow! I did see some blossoms on the cherry trees today, but next weeks cold snap should remedy that for a few more weeks, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar - poor cherries ... "You only miss the sun when it starts to snow."

      Delete
  2. Spring will be here soon! I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every once in a while I think to myself that I miss snow. Then we get 9 inches of the fluffy white stuff like in December and I say WTF was I missing it for.

    It belongs on the ski hills where we can visit it if we want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly - put snow where it belongs. (Not in my driveway!)

      Delete
  4. Only on the weekends are we able to really enjoy mid-day sun and today it's beautiful here. The southern exposure windows along the length of our house allow that lovely light to invade to full depth in the dining room and living room. Cats and their male master are sprawled out soaking it in......winter is so much more palatable on days like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coop - I enjoy the snow - only on the weekends, when I'm not stressed about going anywhere or having to do anything ... the cat, she doesn't care as long as it's warm. Mine tends to spend a lot of time these days sitting in front wood stove, gazing into the fire. Enjoy your rays of sunshine.

      Delete