Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Friday, July 18, 2014

No Such Thing As No Traffic

The night temperatures dropped waking me with a bone aching chill at 4:30. Needless to say I was a little slow getting under way but I wasn't worried with another very short riding day planned. I set Garmin Dan to avoid traffic, but who did I think I was kidding - Friday afternoon, in summer in the eastern USA ... there is no such thing as a place with no traffic, 221 km took over 4 hours. The hills melted away to urban frenzy. The day warmed incredibly fast. I went to pull in to a Duncan Donuts for my one real (air conditioned) stop but missed the turn and ended up in the Yocco's parking lot.
I thought about skipping across the drive-thru lane to Duncans then I noticed ...
And who could walk away from a hotdog that's been listed in the Who's Who of Hot Dogs. Day 15 ended with few pictures but big hopes for tomorrow. The hotdog - not bad either.

6 comments:

  1. Karen:

    We don;t have many Dunkin Donuts around here. Mostly just Tim Horton's

    Maybe it was good that you missed the driveway. I know that if I wanted to have a donut, my taste buds would be expecting something sweet and doughy. Hot dogs don't come with icing, you know how I love my sweets

    I thought you were going to buy a new sleeping bag with a lower rating? anyway be careful and put on more layers if the temps are falling

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, when you stumble on a place like that, you just have to try it, no ifs, ands, or buts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 hours for 221 km? On a Vespa that's normal travel speed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... hot dogs? Wasn't it something like that which caused you major problems last summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coop, I think the dogs were home made.
    Bob, no Dunkins where I live either and was surprised at how many Tims there are in the US, east coast now too ... thanks to all the kiddies who game me Tim cards as gifts this year (really appreciated.) And Bob, the thermos has come in very handy for taking the coffee with me.
    Ed, I am ... but the weather is forcing me north again (boo hoo.) Perhaps I'll find somewhere else to go, the summer is still too young to for go.
    Absolutely David, couldn't pass up an award winning dog.
    Sonja, my poor little clutching wrist was complaining about the stop and go (there are always those times I wish for twist and go!)
    I know Leslie, I took a chance ... Sometimes, life is about taking risks (and immodium) ;D

    ReplyDelete